With the Ultimate Member Groups extension, this plugin will automatically join a user to specific groups on registration.
This plugin adds two field types:
- Groups – This is a dropdown field that allows users to select a group from the list of groups in the options to automatically join them.
- Join Group – This is a hidden field that you can use to join a user in groups.
The user will be automatically joining a group when their account status is approved. If the registration option is set to admin require approval or require email confirmation, it will not join the user. Once the users confirm the email approval link or admin has approved their account via WP Admin > Users, they will automatically join the group.
- You can restrict specific user roles to write/create posts on the group’s social activity wall. Go to WP Admin > Ultimate Member > Settings >Extensions > Groups > Select roles that can create posts in groups
- Upload the file um-groups-extended.zip to the WP Admin > Plugins
- Ensure that the Ultimate Member – Groups plugin is activated to make this extension work. If you want to purchase the Groups plugin, please go to UltimateMember.com.
- Activate the plugin “Ultimate Member – Groups extended”.
- Now, you can now add the group’s fields to the Register form.
If you have questions or need help with the installation, please get in touch via contact page.
- Last updated: January 15, 2021
- Minimum WP Version: 4.7
- Minimum PHP Version: 5.6
- Minimum Core Plugin Version: 2.3.0
- Minimum Groups extension Version: 2.2.7